Thursday, March 28, 2013


Learning More about the Biz, One Audition At A Time

For the past three years that I have been living in Hollywood, I have focused my time primarily preparing for roles on tv/film and on-camera commercial work.  I have recently made the move into the modeling world, and being a new client of PEAK Models and Talent, I've already seen how much I can learn from this new venture! 

Yesterday I had an audition through PEAK for the role of a 'cowboy' for a print ad.  I've never had to audition for anything as a cowboy; I'm usually the surfer-dude type!  My friend Kalvin Ryder, a celebrity-stylist from the UK, helped get all the clothes I'd need for this particular audition, including the cowboy boots and hat.   I was shocked that I could really pull off a look as a cowboy!  I even posted a video to my fans on twitter (I call them DALIENS) and they seemed to love my 'new' cowboy look, and my (attempt!) at a southern accent.  Some well-known actors have started as models – notably Ashton Kutcher and Channing Tatum. 

Natasha and Taylor  thanks for helping me realize a new type that I can audition for!  Even if I don't book this particular job, it was a great experience.  Plus, I'm keeping all the clothes I bought for the audition in hopes that I'll book a role in a Western soon! 


____________
Jesse Daley

No comments: