Wednesday, March 9, 2011

WELL PACKAGED MODELS?

I love casting days! New projects, new clients, new models !!
You can feel the buzz in the air - someone is going to book - and we all cant wait to find out the shoot dates, the usage, the run, etc etc.
As an agent for more than 15 years, I have seen my fair share of models and actors as you can imagine. Many clients will ask me to cast a project for them - and then present the top 4 for the final pick.
Now this is where it gets tricky. I know you are all amazing otherwise I would not have signed you to Peak Models & Talent! But for me to get you to a final 4 means that I have to SELL YOU to the CLIENT!
That's right - it is in the phone call that you are really getting the job before you are even seen.
So, when a client asks me who has a great attitude, who is easy to work with, I have to be honest!
Clients will also ask me about your book, comp card, and current work.
So, when I see that you are still using a looseleaf notebook to show your pictures, you can be sure that you will not me a finalist. Also, if you show up to castings and we get a call that you did not have a comp card, or you forgot your book, that is not the best impression to leave with a client.
What I am looking for is a PACKAGED MODEL - yes someone who actually looks like they stepped off a shoot wearing the clothes. I want to know that you look like your photos, that you HAVE photos, that you HAVE a book, that you HAVE your comp card.
Many of you are sitting on the sidelines wondering why other people are booking, and I am here to tell you that you can change that!
Get PACKAGED!!! Get a " look" that is all your own - get a signature shot that says YOU - there is only ONE YOU - so PACKAGE IT!!!
If you are a lingerie /swim girl then get those shots!!
If you are a mountain bike guy - I need to SEE IT!
If you are a junior prom girl - get me that SHOT!
Whatever it is - get PACKAGED now ...there is more work than ever - and if you are not going out then we need to have you review your LA CASTING account and add new photos, fill out your resume, and GET UPDATED!
I know you are all amazing and I am excited to see your PACKAGE of COMP CARDS and your PEAK PORTFOLIO - let's do this!!!
Natasha Duswalt
Peak Models & Talent

We love your comments and feedback! To post a comment, please go to http://peakmodelsandtalent.blogspot.comwww.peakmodels.com

1 comment:

AKRAEES said...

Very very nice post and very great INFORMATION . This blog is very intresting and INformative . keep it up dud!!!!!! very nice work