Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bikini models?


We just had a casting that requested selected models via photos to come in wearing a bikini for the audition. As much as I would have loved to send them the people that I KNOW wanted to do the bikini thing, they had other ideas, and hand picked their ladies.
Before I could press the send button, ( or so it seemed) the phone started ringing with calls for the requested ladies...
" Oh this is not a good time for me to be in a bikini" or... " Oh I have not been at the gym in months, so I am not comfortable going in swimwear".
Believe me, I would just as well wear a winter coat in August, however we all have to face it spring has sprung, and it is time to get busy.
Now here is where we all need to be on the same page, so here it goes... I know that some of you might not LOVE swim jobs, and maybe you do not even book those types of jobs, but really as a model you need to ALWAYS be ready for anything your agent throws your way.
And, as a model, you need to be able to wear a swim suit with ease, since after all, you are a model, and this is basic modeling 101 right?
So whatever bikini ready means to you, it is that time of year.
And remember NO tan lines. :) If you are out in the sun, use an SPF to protect yourself from sun damage as well.
Happy Spring!!!
federico stevanin / FreeDigitalPhotos.net


www.peakmodels.com

2 comments:

Jade A. said...

I definitely agree with you, This is our job! We get paid for our "looks". Also, being a full-time/everyday fit model helps me pay attention and stay in shape! I work out 5 days a week- very hard! It's part of my daily routine! I consider working out a part of my job! Also, having a pedicure monthly and not having roots :)! It all comes with the territory!!! It's all almost as important as having a good attitude while working!! :)

-Jade H.

Jade A. said...

I definitely agree with you, This is our job! We get paid for our "looks". Also, being a full-time/everyday fit model helps me pay attention and stay in shape! I work out 5 days a week- very hard! It's part of my daily routine! I consider working out a part of my job! Also, having a pedicure monthly and not having roots :)! It all comes with the territory!!! It's all almost as important as having a good attitude while working!! :)

-Jade H.