Wednesday, November 25, 2009

THANKSGIVING!


Thanksgiving is a time where we all take some time to get back to the gratitude that can clear any discontent that might be lurking beneath the surface. The discontent that whispers to you in between here and there. The discontent that tells you that other people have it better, that you are wasting your time, that you should just give up like they told you to. The type of discontent that turns the colors of your life into shades of grey, and eventually framed in discontent.

I can honestly say that without gratitude, things can get mundane. Every day can seem like it is just a " got to".. I've "got to do this" and I've "got to do that".
One minor change in your language can color everything in a totally new and refreshing hue.
How about " I GET TO! "

Think about it, every day that you get up and "get to" be well is an amazing day.
After battling cancer for my very existence, I can tell you first hand that being well is the most amazing thing that we all take for granted. So for every day that we "get to" be healthy and be part of an industry that we choose to be in, not because someone forced us, but because we want to is also a " get to". We also " get to" make choices, yes we have challenges, but we still have choices.

So for this Thanksgiving, I want to remember that if it my life ever starts feeling like a " got to" situation, I have the ability to take a step back and realize that these choices are mine. I can change them, but I never want to lose sight of the fact that this day I am strong and healthy, which colors everything with a " get to" hue.
What do you "get to" do?

Thank you all for what you do, I truly appreciate all of you!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Natasha Duswalt


www.peakmodels.com

No comments: