Wednesday, May 6, 2009

WHAT GOES AROUND!

You need others, and others need you. I have had many people people me in the past help me with opportunity, and of course, you think of ways you can pay them back. Unfortunately, sometimes there's not really a whole lot you can do to pay them back, sooo..pay it forward! Help someone else, and I'm sure there will be somebody else out there who will take care of them. I think it's great to support not only fellow artists, but everyone who deserves it. However, there is a limit. You can't help someone who does not want to help themselves, so at some point, if your lending a hand and they chose not to take it, move on with someone who will.
I have some friends who I believe are very talented, and are driven enough- they've got what it takes!- and I always keep in mind things that might come up that they would be great for. Not because you want something in return, but maybe your friend is a cook, and he meets Steven Speilberg at some event, and you did him a favor a few months back introducing him to Wolfgang Puck, he will probably think of you while getting that contact. Those are A list artists, I realize, but the same goes for anyone at any level.
We are in a business that is so universal. Let's take it into a positive direction.
GUEST BLOGGER SONYA ROME
www.peakmodels.com

No comments: