Monday, September 29, 2008

Model Spotlight Courtney!

www.peakmodels.com
Hello! My name is Courtney and I am originally from Newnan, GA! I TRULY LOVE the South and think it has really shaped who I am today. My family is VERY outdoorsy so I grew up going on several camping, rafting, fishing, sailing and backpacking trips with my entire family. (That....and also ROOTING the Auburn TIGERS to victory each football season:)!!)

I also was a model as a child and left high school in 9th grade to live in in New York in a model's apartment! I was even lucky enough to be photographed by Ellen Von Unwerth. I only stayed in NYC for a short while, as I had to finish high school with my class. After I moved back to Atlanta, I then decided to focus on acting. My biggest role was playing Rebecca DeMornay in some flashback scenes in the made for TV movie, GETTING OUT.

After high school, I went to the University of San Diego where I majored in Mass Communications (aka film and television) and minored in French! I took a semester abroad and lived in Australia where I got credit for school and was able to travel to New Zealand and Thailand! It was a great experience.

After college, I got a job guiding backpacking trips for a company called MOONDANCE ADVENTURES! It was fabulous! It was me, and one other co-leader, and we would get a group of about 12-14 teenagers and would take them on a backpacking trip for 2 weeks at a time! We would take the kids rock climbing, rafting, backpacking, hiking...just living in the outdoors 24/. It was incredible....but alas, it is very seasonal work and I needed a full time job....so I moved back to Atlanta and got a job with the Turner networks; CNN, TBS, TNT, Cartoon Network, doing ad sales. After a year there, I was offered a chance to go to LA and work for TBS and TNT on the development and production side. I studied production in college so I was excited to work in the entertainment industry, just behinde the scenes! I helped develop and produce shows such as THE CLOSER, and MY BOYS! After 3 years behinde the scenes, the acting and modeling bug bit me again....and with being in LA....I decided to give this world I loved soo much as a child, another try! I quit my job at TBS and TNT last July and have been working as an actress and a model ever since. I am soo happy I made that decision! I love acting and modeling and hopefully will continue to book as I have been thus far.

I would say my talents include being an outdoors guide and experienced backpacker. I have backpacked through Iceland, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, the British Virgin Islands, Mexico, EU and last year I did the PATAGONIAS in Chile! I love being outdoors and traveling. I am also getting certified to teach pilates and become a personal trainer. I love being in shape and I love helping people discover how good they can feel too! This is also a great job to have while pursuing acting and modeling since I can make my own hours! I also love speaking French although now that I live in CA....I wish I took Spanish in college:)! Above all, I love being around my family and friends....


I was asked to star in celebrity trainer, VALERIE WATERS', work out video that is coming out this Fall. Together, we have been on Access Hollywood and EXTRA promoting her workouts that have changed the bodies of many celebrities including Jennifer Garner and Jessica Alba.

No comments: