Monday, September 29, 2008

Getting serious about booking!

www.peakmodels.com
Hi everyone~!
I though I would share my thoughts with you on this econimic situation that our country has slid into. As you all know we are seeing the worst economic slump in our country's history. If you are not aware, I am so happy for you since that means you have no idea what is going on, and therefore must be blissfully happy!
For the rest of us that see the reality on a daily basis on the news media, we need to be careful not to fall victim to the negative emotions of what is happening around us.
For one, I am always amazed at how many of you are actors and actresses and turn down high paying jobs for a " audition". I can tell you this, I have been an agent for 13 years now, and I have seen the same thing year after year. People come from all over the nation to LA to chase the dream. I fully understand following your passion, but I also believe in paying your rent and having money for times of crisis.
Let's put it this way, I modeled for over 10 years before being an agent, I saved money every year for retirement, and I try to always be prepared for a rainy day.
My concern is that many of you are living day to day and not planning your future.
I know if feels like you will always be young, but time flies, and we have to plan accordingly.
What plan do you have in place to save money?
Do you have medical insurance in case you fall ill like I did with cancer?
Just a note, the cost of saving my life was over $350,000.00 in treatment. Thank goodness I have insurance, not to mention the lifetime of check ups I will need.
The final note is, take the jobs we offer, you never know, a fit modeling job could pan out to a six figure income if you do it right. I know first hand, since I did it myself and worked constantly, making a great income in my 20's.
Do you know that being a fit model is one of the highest paying positions that does not require a college degree?
Think about it!

No comments: