Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I get to stay!

Hi everyone!
Just a quick note to let you know that I am still cancer free. Back in October 2006 I was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma a form of cancer in the lymphatic system. Needless to say this was a total shock, and it took about a years worth of surgeries and chemo to rid myself of the cancer. I also did many alternative therapies to maximize my chances of survival.
After the first 2 months, I was miraculously deemed cancer free, even my doctors at UCLA had no explanation, but I believe that the mind body and spirit need to heal together, so I worked on all three at the same time.
Every six months I get a PET CT scan to make sure all is clear. I am happy to report that ,
I get to stay. I am always grateful for each day since I now feel like I have been given a second chance at life. I am also grateful for the people that have helped me along my path.
My husband and kids have been an amazing source of support to me. I just wish I could convey to everyone that when things get tough, remember that if you are healthy anything is possible.
There is no darker time than being in a chemo rooom, try that for 7 months and things get incredibly clear. I wish you all the clarity in the world, without the ilness that sometimes comes with that type of clarity.

5 comments:

claydough8 said...

I had no idea... I'm glad that your health is good now and I'll be sending you positive and healthy thoughts for the future-

claydough8 said...

I had no idea... I'm glad for your health and I'll be sending you potitive and healthy thoughts for the future!

claydough8 said...

I had no idea... Sending you healthy and positive thoughts for the future!

claydough8 said...

Sorry 'bout the overflow of comments... I thought I was screwing it up each time it asked me for the jumbled code word!

hypnogal said...

I'm so glad you're well now.I completely believe in the mind/body connection. I'm currently in San Diego supporting my dad as we go through this intense mind/body health program at the Optimum Health Institute.
Many cancer patients are here to heal.I will be back on July 7 and wil fill you in more. Peace,D